Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Couples

Although I love to see the people around me give and receive love, sometimes it's just disgusting how everyone seems to be coupling up around me.  Especially this time of year, when everyone gets a little sweeter and a little more romantic, due to the holidays, and a little more snuggly, due to the cold, it sucks to see everyone around me coupling up! 

I know there are friends of mine who, like me, remain single and still shaken as to how to get to know other people, but it's a frustrating thing.  I think of my friend J, who always seems to find a man at every turn, and has had a boyfriend for a couple of months now.  But then I think of friends like M, K, R, and A that all are without a partner, and have been for some time just like me!  And then I start considering match.com, and it all goes downhill.  Who wants to do that, and go through endless, meaningless dates?  But also, what are the chances of meeting someone at a grocery store and really hitting it off? 

I've always believed in fate, that some things are just meant to happen no matter what, and that in so many ways choice has nothing to do with it, but you also have to make choices in life.  you have to say yes to some things, and no to other things, and find a way to reconcile your decisions with your life.  You have to find a way to make the kinds of decisions that make you happy to be in your life.  And somehow, those decisions are supposed to lead you to your destiny. 

I've been thinking that I just have to start having a positive attitude about my destiny.  I've always thought of it as this thing that happens to me, no matter what I do, but I'm starting to think that's false.  I think destiny is something that happens when you make choices, choices based on your wants, needs, and attitude on life.  I'm starting to wonder if I don't secretly make my destiny happen with my thinking--if I believe that good things will happen to me, that I have a great destiny, even though I have no idea what it is or where it will lead me, then maybe my destiny really will be great.  I just don't know, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment