Friday, November 12, 2010

The Fear

So I'm reading this book about how to live a life without fear, and in my excitement, posted on facebook "If I'm scared to do it, I HAVE to do it.  Who's with me?"  and I was all excited for what people might post in return--what things they were scared to do, how they would help me do what I'm scared to do, etc. 

Instead I got a post from a woman who I am actually beginning to loathe--a woman who posted "I've been doing this for years, congrats on taking the first step", which to me sounded so demeaning that I absolutely had to delete my original post, just to get rid of her disgusting behavior.  This is a person who acted as if her brother getting leg surgery was the same thing as my 80-year-old father being indefinitely hospitalized for pneumonia.  This is someone who has made me feel so emotionally victimized that I actually despise seeing her succeed.  I know I should be the bigger person, and in some way celebrate her success, but I simply cannot. 

Good for her that she has everything figured out.  Good for her that she can look down upon me in my attempts to make my life better, and act as if she doesn't have any issues of her own.  I know you, bitch!  I know that you had to file for bankruptcy.  I know that you dated an asshole for years and let him emotionally abuse you, and I know that you are in love with someone that you work with who you will never tell.  So there, bitch!  You have your issues, and I have mine,  Stop pretending that you're better than me, stop pretending that somehow your personal and professional experiences have more value than mine, and stop pretending that everything that I do is somehow paltry in comparison to what you have done. 

You can suck it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment