Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Weight Loss

Man it is so HARD to focus on losing weight, making sure I get in my greens and my workout, making sure I stay motivated, and making sure I don't totally kill myself trying to get everything done.  It's a workout just to stay motivated! 

PeerTrainer has really helped, giving me support and motivation online exactly when I need it.  It's so useful, and been such a great resource for me.  To see others going through the six-week challenge fighting against disease and the pull of addictive, toxic foods has been amazing.  And to finally have people who know what I'm talking about when I say ETL, and all that it encompasses.

It's been great to receive the motivational emails, too, since they remind me of why it's so important to stay healthy, and how much I get out of it when I commit to it.  It's so easy to succumb to my surroundings, so easy to just give in to what everyone else is doing or eating or drinking, and so much more work to remember why I'm doing this, what it means, and that it really does work if I commit to it. 

I was in Nordstrom's last week, trying on clothes for work that my mother was going to buy me.  It was such a wonderful day, and so many great opportunities for beautiful items to be housed in my closet at the end of the day.  Except for one problem--hardly anything fit the way I wanted it to.  It was all a little snug, a little tight here, a little too close there, and maybe even a little too difficult to button!  The saleslady was extraordinarily nice, and made it a pleasant experience, but by the end of the day I knew I needed to make a change.  Something needed to be different, I swear!  So I started back on the plan, which meant saying goodbye to some foods that I love, and are so easy to get into my body (especially by eating out), but that I know aren't good for me. 

And so it began, and now, just a little over a week later, the clothes that I bought fit properly.  They're comfortable and wearable, and some of the clothes that have been in my closet are starting to get too big!  Call the tailor, we need to get these suckers taken in!

What's also been great about PT is that I really get to express my joy about a situation, and get support for my situation as well.  They encourage me to stay strong, and they encourage me to stick with it.  It's not easy, I'll grant you that, but they remind me how much better life is when I make this change--and that it is possible to make a whole-life change for the better.  For the rest of your life! 

I think there was always this thought in the back of my mind that said "once you lose the weight, then you can eat whatever you want!"  and was always trying to get to that.  Guess what, folks, the blindfold has come off, and I'm sorry to say that statement is false.  FALSE!!!  I have to stick  to a healthy, veggie-rich diet for the rest of my life.  A year ago, that horrified me.  I never get to go back to the life of food luxury again?  But what about cake?  But now I feel like I recognize that cake can be there, but doesn't have to be there every day.  Thai food can be there, but has to be accompanied by a good workout, and healthy eating surrounding that one step outside my rules.  It's ok!  The world won't end.  But I will stick to veggies for the rest of my life, or pay the consequences.  Go me!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment